Tuesday, January 11, 2011

psychedelic, angelic styrofoam soda

Biometric:
montane forest - temperate steppe - xeric shrubland
Airline Code:
pdx - slc - abq
English:
Portland - Salt Lake City - Albuquerque

the plane from portland to salt lake city was a rocky one from what I can remember. window seat, next to an older morman couple sharing angelic experiences, some personal and others from a book the woman got from a fellow parish'er as a christmas present. landed in the middle of a crater not long after the man expounded a vision involving a blueish haze at the top of a flight of stairs. peanuts and tomato juice.
salt lake city airport: myriad of uncharted fast food joints and broken moving walkways.
flying into albuquerque, i awoke from a ten second, passed-out, book dropping sleep to find the plane psychedelic; engulfed in pinks, oranges and reds, from a neon sunset. my fellow passengers sitting still whilst the telescopic-sized windows of the plane project malleable, shifting shapes of colors and patterns over our fold-down trays and Styrofoam cups of ice, (the most satisfying two sips of soda).
kalleigh, a familiar face, awaits me and drives me through streetlight-less roads in a mammoth-sized white pickup truck to corrales. transported through an unfamiliar geography in pure darkness is unnerving, how can I adapt to my surroundings if I can't see them? adobe house with alien cacti lining the fence, inside barking dogs, welcoming people, libations and my own bedroom.
alarm set for sunrise.



No comments:

Post a Comment