Tuesday, June 23, 2009

psycho robotic runners in the park

today i walked the entire length of central park. i really needed to get into nature after more than a month of human density. I started at 59th and walked through straight to Harlem. Its a strange park, highly decorated, pruned, manicured, exercised, much like most new yorkers here actually. There was this one section that was left to run vampid, it was called The Ramble. There were just tiny dirt trails through dense forest. I thought it could have been found in the desolate parks near port coquitlam, not in this megacity. Then i went farther north to the Jackie Onassis Resevoir, where I was the only one walking. Hundreds and hundreds of runners, in extremeley annoying large groups came plowing through trails kicking dirt into my face with their new cross trainers. Along with them were groups of spandex enthusiast bikers, and roller bladers. They're all robots.
saw the trump tower.
had the worst burrito ever.
Today.
I went into an extremely expessive department store called Sax, Sacs, Sacks or something. It was hilarious. The prunes behind the make up counters all were giving me glances as I passed by.
I bought a double feature ticket to go up in the Rockefeller tower (rather than the empire state- where you wait 4-6 hours) and MOMA.
Today I'm off to the Internation Centre for Photography and if I have time Coney Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment